Country: United States
April 14, 2020
07/31/2020 11:32 PM
aw man, here we go again
it's crazy to remember that we can see the same moon.
that you're looking at the same divets and fade as i am.
the man in the moon, with his furrowed brow
and his mouth agape -
i hope it catches all my wishes and tells them back to you.
i think he listens and shakes his head in disappointment.
"You're making the same mistakes again; I will no longer be your middle man."
I'm just a disgusting hopeless romantic who wants to fall in love with you. If Only I Was Lonely.
07/27/2020 12:01 PM
New Music Monday #1
New Music Monday!
I kept seeing people asking for music recs and I always have so many so I thought I’d do a weekly share of some of my favorite bands/songs/albums that I think more people should listen to! Every Monday i’ll highlight 3 “new” bands/releases. This definition of “new” can range from meaning “small local band” to “a band that’s known but not as widely as other bands in it’s scene,” or just a new album/song by a band no matter their popularity status. So this is pretty much just my weekly music recommendations with an emphasis on smaller/local bands that I think deserve to get more attention.
If you like: Pop Punk, Power Pop, Indie Rock, Emo, Mom Jeans, Modern Baseball, Remo Drive, Joyce Manor
This is a great little band from Tempe, Arizona! If you love Indie Pop Rock with all the fancy guitars I think you will enjoy Go Outside. I saw them at a house show a while back, gosh I think two years ago now, but it feels like it was just yesterday. You know it’s a good band when no one knows the songs but the energy is still high as if everyone were already diehard fans! Everyone was moshing and crowd surfing in this tiny house on the outskirts of Sacramento, California! Their album, From The Comfort Of My Floor, is an album full of treasures and a bit of genre hopping which always makes for a fun listening experience. I bought their cassette at their show and I’ve listened to it front to back countless times since!
Top songs: 7 Day Weekend, Cigarette Silhouettes, Waltz #2, Power Pop
If you like: Punk Rock, Political Punk, Indie Rock, Ska Punk, Power Pop, The Get Up Kids, Against Me!, PUP, Joyce Manor, The Homeless Gospel Choir, Jimmy Eat World, Mineral, The Taxpayers
I was first introduced to Jeff Rosenstock in 2017 when a friend came up to me and said, “You can’t say you like Emo music until you’ve listened to this guy,” and played Festival Song for me. Now, I’m not sure I would call Jeff’s music “emo,” but it can definitely be emotional and has the classic influences of first- and second-wave emo like Jawbreaker and Mineral. In an interview with AP Magazine I read once, he talked about how the Beach Boys’ “Pet Sounds” album was a huge inspiration for him with all of the music he writes, and honestly that influence shines through strong in his final products with the variety of sounds, with songs that have heavy content but sound like parties, and a dash of sappy love songs. You’ll love Jeff Rosenstock if you love the sound of emo/indie rock but with lyrical content that’s a bit deeper than just, “I hate my girlfriend and my hometown.”
Top Songs: Festival Song, Nausea, 9/10
If you like: Emo, Indie Rock, Cap’n Jazz, Tigers Jaw, Modern Baseball, Joyce Manor, Mom Jeans, Sunny Day Real Estate
Awakebutstillinbed is a solo project by Shannon Taylor with obvious Midwest Emo influences even though she’s from San Jose, California. She’s only come out with one album, “what people call low self esteem is really just seeing yourself the way other people see you,” (how much more f***ing emo can you get, come on) and it’s 40 minutes of raw emotions and vocals that give me that feeling of being punched in the gut every time I listen. I’ve seen the band twice in concert now, both times being unforgettable and so full of energy. Although they only have one album that came out in 2018, Awakebutstillinbed has already made a name for themselves from what I can tell in the California local Emo scene and with fans of Midwest Emo. If you love classic, gut-wrenching emo, I think it would be more than worth your time to give the album a listen.
Top Songs: Life, Opener, Fathers
Let me know if you gave these bands a listen and if you enjoyed them! Maybe even consider buying their album from them off bandcamp to show them some love during these hard times! And recommend me some small/local bands down in the comments for me to listen to, too! I can't promise I'll like them, but I love checking out new music of any and all genres.
07/25/2020 12:03 AM
im sorry im so sad all the time.
i dont mean to be, i don't want to be.
you're so f***ing positive, how do you always stay so positive?
sometimes i just want to get you angry. i just want you to get angry with me, i want you to understand and share my pain.
i want you to wallow with me,
i know, im sorry.
i want to be happy, the world is just so so sad,
and my brain is always so mean to me.
it tells me you hate me and that you've changed your mind.
you found out how f***ing depressing i am and you're leaving while you can.
it doesn't help that i isolate myself and make everyone think that I don't want to talk to them anymore,
i just don't know how to talk to people, that's all.
my head gets in a fog and i can't concentrate on anything,
i can't think straight, i can't comprehend the world around me.
sometimes the fog gets so thick i can't see,
white rings around the sights of my eyes and the world glitches in front of me and i can barely get myself to put a string through a bead or a pen to a paper.
sometimes i just want to talk to you but i can't get myself to do anything.
i need to prepare for all of the possibilities before everything,
and when i can't i get scared.
im so sorry that im scared of everything.
im so sorry that it's so hard to be around me.
im sorry that i can't be any fun to be around.
i'm always coming around with bad news,
i've got a negative for every positive i manage to squeeze out of a conversaiton.
i'm such a f***ing buzzkill, i know.
i'm such a f***ing buzzkill.
07/14/2020 12:01 PM
FALL OUT BOY FAN SURVEY
- Age: 20
- When did you first start being a fan? Were you a fan during the hiatus? I became a fan in 2013, right after they came out with Light 'Em Up (can you believe I liked that song so much it got me into them? i have to laugh now)
- First song you heard by them? Sugar We're Going Down, i really loved that song as a kid
- Favorite album? tie between folie and infinity on high depending on the mood. also cork tree is a great dysphoria soundtrack for me
- Favorite photoshoot?
- yes i like boys yes i am ashamed
- Favorite member? dont make me choose favorites but
- Favorite Music Video? america's suitehearts is just so fukin bizarre i love it. also female mikey way LMAO
- Do you consider yourself an "Overcast Kid," "Believer," "Youngblood," "Car Crash Heart," or just a "Fall Out Boy Fan"? i always loved car crash hearts but honestly just call myself a fall out boy fan lol i had totally forgotten that there were 23048203 different ways fall out boy fans called themselves until i ran into it while making this survey.
- Pre-Hiatus or Post-Hiatus? pre-hiatus music wise but i still love the boys post-hiatus as like. people. i guess. and i somewhat respect them still as artists.
- Thoughts on Patrick's solo album? didn't care for it
- Do you listen to any of the members' other side projects? (Arma Angelus, Black Cards, Racetraitor, SECT XVX, Damned Things...) i honestly liked that With Knives thing Joe did, and he's singing in it and he sounds really good so its like wtf?! crazy. also i listen to Sect from time to time as well as racetraitor and the damned things.
- Favorite piece of FOB merch you own? my folie shirt that i talk too much about :3
- What merch would you kill to have? i really want the first pressing of take this to your grave with the original album art and all the pull outs
- Have you seen Release the Bats? How many times? yes, not nearly as much as i need to
- How about Bedussey? yes, and way too many times than i needed to. (once was more than enough)
- Have you read "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side"? yes like a million times and i would love to get my grubby hands on a copy
- What about "Gray"? can you believe i've read this book like 3 times lmao
- Did you ever watch all of the Fall Out Boy funny moments on Youtube? yess lol
- Have you ever had a FOB dedicated fan account? yep!
- Favorite fun fact about the band that only a Fall Out Boy fan would know: apparently that little jibberish part in dance dance, right before the first chorus, if you play it backwards it says "joe trohman sucks"
- Have you ever seen them in concert? yep! saw them twice in 2013 lol, in san fran then not too long after in sacramento
- Do you have tickets to see them next year? no :(
- If you could go to any Fall Out Boy show, past/present/future, which one would you choose? i think it wouldve been super cool to go to the secret knitting factory show they did with mikey. that or warped 2005.
- What's your favorite part about being a Fall Out Boy fan? the community is so sweet and the boys are so sweet and the music is so gooddd
- You win a contest and you get to choose their 15 song playlist, what songs are you choosing: honestly, not to be THAT person, but as long as they don't play anything post hiatus i'd be fine but uhhhh
- dance dance
- my songs know what you did in the dark (THE ORIGINAL VERSION)
- bang the doldrums
- thnks fr th mmrs
- headfirst slide
- i dont care
- americas suitehearts
- carpal tunnel
- grand theft autumn
- chicago is so two years ago
- a little less sixteen candles
- pretty in punk
07/14/2020 01:50 AM
i've been having spider problems...
how often do you think of me?
do you write about me in your corners of the web?
do you spin me into your slick remarks, inside jokes i wouldn't know that you only keep inside your head? codewords for me in tags and songs and hopes that i would see it,
like how i write these words for you?
07/10/2020 05:17 PM
My Punk Jacket! :D
Okay so it's Summer AND we're in quarantine, so I can't show off my jacket in person anymore for a long while ;-; so i'm going to share it will all of you!! Also it has so much history, people are always asking me about where I got certain buttons, why i have certain buttons/patches/writing/drawings etc etc and I love talking about it so here it is!
First of all, look at this awesome graphic I made in my Digital Tools class this last Fall Semester. This is high on the list of Best Art Pieces I've Ever Made.
Okay, so here is the beauty IRL:
I got this jacket at a thrift store in 2013 or 2014 and I have been building onto it ever since. I'm pretty sure it only got washed two or three times at the most in 2014 then never again, so it smells like sweat and beer and weed and punk shows, it's nasty i love it. (the smell isn't that strong at all btw, it's only if you put your face into it and REALLY try to smell it, which like why would you want to do that anyway...)
So the graphic I made for class covers a few things here and there about my jacket, but I wanna go more in depth because some of these things have great stories, man!!
So these were my first EVER buttons. The "Kiss Me I'm Punk" button was given to me by my aunt back in 2013 when I was getting really into being Emo and into the local Punk Scene. "Not Saved" is a button I got from Hot Topic and cuz I'm a Breakfast Club nerd I recognized that it was the button John Bender has pinned to his glove, even though I don't know if it was supposed to be a direct BFC reference:
The marriage equality button was from my very first Pride Parade, it was in Sacramento, and it was before Gay Marriage was legalized in the United States. I can't remember if it was Summer 2013 or 2014 that I went, probably 2014. And the rat is from this artist, Robin Kaplan, @thegorgonist on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/thegorgonist/), from when I visited her booth at an anime convention in 2018 (i think). She has soo many cute rat pieces, I got a keychain lanyard from her too with a bunch of rats on it :3
This is what I call my "time to piss my extended family off at get togethers" section of my jacket (not like the rest of my jacket wasn't an abomination to them LOL). The they/them pin is very recent, it was given to me by a friend this last year. The "Everytime You See A Rainbow, God is Having Gay Sex," button I got at a Zombie Walk fest here in Sacramento, I fukin love that button lol.
Then there's Jesus saying he'll be right back. That button was given to me i think somewhere around 2016-2017, I was a Sophomore i think in High School, and it was a Senior who was a TA for my history class who had given it to me, and it was the last day of school and he came up to me and was all "dude, you're so cool, and I love all the buttons on your jacket, i want to contribute to your collection before I graduate and never see each other again," and he let me pick any button i wanted off his backpack and that was like the coolest thing ever at the time lol.
My CCA pin, the art school i go to/went to. And then the Church Clothes patch my mom got for me from Evangeline's in Sac :3
Janis ♥ got her in San Fran right before I started living down there for school, she's such an inspiration to me. And the Rat Patrol patch is from a friend who lives in Chicago and she always is finding rat patches/post cards for me there since they have such a rat problem in the subways lol
"Kill Drinking Culture!!!" Just me being StraightEdge lol. I don't remember what happened to make me so angry but something got me fired up and i scribble this on my jacket in the heat of a moment. It was most likely something about my extended family or a 21+ show. Drinking culture has ruined everything, I hate it.
Okay these are some fun stories.
First of all, I always try to have safety pins on me. Having safety pins on this jacket has been the smartest thing I've done in my life. One time at school the button of my jeans popped off and I almost didn't have pants for the day but i had safety pins on my jacket to take its place!! and one time i was in an elevator and this girl's dress broke, it was either the zipper or the strap, and ta-da safety pin saved the day again!
Okay so the TV pin is new, it's from my Digital Tools teacher, Josh Ellingson (https://www.instagram.com/ellingson.cc/). One of my favorite teacher's I've had to date, he was so chill and the class was a lot of fun.
I got the Roni patch at a thrift store with my roommates in the Mission District and we thought it was the funniest thing cuz they call me Roni (Rice-a-Roni) all the time and I thought it'd be cute to have, so there it is. Makes me think of my friends :3 The Too Cute To Care button is from one of those friends for my birthday!
My Frank Iero button!! Got it during the Stomachaches tour in 2015. I went all the way to Seattle, Washington to see him since all of the California dates sold out and I was having a mental breakdown and my parents were like okay we will take you to see Frank if it'll make you happy plz stop being sad. lol.
My AC/ES button!! From one of my favorite High School English teachers :3 She was, like, one of my only friends at that school. I was having a really hard time, getting bullied real bad, and I'd always escape to her classroom to hang out with her. She gave me this button saying she thought of me when she saw it and I thought that was super fukin sweet. She still does that from time to time, recently she found an Exploited flag for me at a thrift store.
another patch from evangelines!! i lovee bob's burgers, and louise is such an icon, i love her, i aspire to be her.
My homeless gospel choir patch!! I need to redo it lol but i made this a couple years back, i fukin love that band, i love derrick. the pin on there says "Midterms are Sexy," got it at the San Fran Zine fair this last september, it's talking about Midterm Elections and they ARE super sexy and you should totally vote in EVERY ELECTION if you're over 18!!!!
another patch that i made :D here's the insp:
Now for the patches on my sleeves:
"I could tell you, but then you would have to be destroyed by me," this is from a big book about secret governement airforces and their patches that they'd wear, got it from a used bookstore in Berkley. It's such an awesome book and they had this patch on the cover. (This is the book) Then my sweet Fall Out Boy patch, got that from the first aftershock I ever went to in 2014, there was a big booth of patches for sale. I don't think they even do things like that anymore. The last few aftershocks i went to they didn't have all those cool booths :/ And my san francisco pride patch, i don't remember the year but it was a while back ago, and it was randomly not during pride. got it in san fran tho.
sooo many pockets and they're so huge!! there's over 5 years worth of sh*t in these pockets. every once in a while i got through them and take things out, but there's a lot of things in there that are old memories and then useful concert stuff like a portable charger, and usually i have some ear plugs in there. sharpies too to tag things, but you didn't hear that 0-0.
the inside! (also, if you're still reading this, i applaude you lmao). I drew these things a lonnnggg time ago, i think in 9th or eary 10th grade? i remember drawing this heart tree thing in art class around then and getting obsessed with the idea and drawing it everywhere. also writing living/dying everywhere. I think it was a subconcious message of encouragement to myself, that i'm still living, i'm still growing, things are going to get better maybe. then on the pockets is a hercules' reference. "Want a watch?/ Want a sundial?"
Okay, and lastly, I'll talk about the back a bit. I found the Good Charlotte and Jimi Hendrix patches on Telegraph Street in Berkely this last year from these crazy old hippies, they had a whole booth of cheap/free patches it was awesome. I went to a gas station recently and this older woman working the counter saw that GC patch and got all excited and started telling me about how much she used to love GC and Green Day and going to warped tours!
And then I made my Rat King back patch. It used to be a "Punk's Not Dead" thing and I just kinda grew out of it and I had a bunch of rats at one point and I became a Rat Dad and yeah. I love it. And I made the Leathermouth patch too! Just this last year, it turned out so good ahhh :33
okay so that's my jacket and i love it so so much and i'll cherish it foreverrrrr!!! it makes me miss going to shows when i see it, so many memories of shows and people and places ;-; i hope to wear it and add more to it soon. to end this, here's a picture of me in my jacket with derreck zanetti:
[ This blog post is private ]
07/08/2020 02:08 PM
just some random about me
very long survey i saw on tumblr and i just like ask games *shrug*
from turbulencx on tumblr, plz dont remove their credit out of respect ✌️
- 1: 6 of the songs you listen to most?
- demolition lovers
- a decade under the influence
- grand theft autumn/where is your boy
- the rebirth of cool
- 2: If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
- 3: Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
- "It was not a request" (im still trying to read Watchmen)
- 4: What do you think about most?
- 5: What does your latest text message from someone else say?
- "Why are artist tables so messy??"
- 6: Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
- 7: What’s your strangest talent?
- my dreams can tell the future
- 8: Girls… (finish the sentence); Boys… (finish the sentence)
- Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money; Boys are pretty sometimes.
- 9: Ever had a poem or song written about you?
- Shank has written songs about me :3
- 10: When is the last time you played the air guitar?
- i played real guitar a couple minutes ago
- 11: Do you have any strange phobias?
- new strange fear is of sinkholes. my mom told me about them just the other day and now im terrified of our house getting sunk in lmao
- 12: Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
- 13: What’s your religion?
- religions are cults and i dont f*** with them.
- 14: If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
- sneezing, dying, wanting to go back inside (unless im at a music festival then im just sneezing and dying but having a good time)
- 15: Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
- behind. i dont mind being in front of it i guess but i def dont want to see the result LOL i just like the attention
- 16: Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
- 17: What was the last lie you told?
- "im fine" or something idk
- 18: Do you believe in karma?
- 19: What does your URL mean?
- Vomit Boy comes from me constantly spewing thought vomit. im actually not too big of a fan of actual vomit.
- 20: What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
- what is this, a job interview?
- 21: Who is your celebrity crush?
- 22: Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- 23: How do you vent your anger?
- scream, play guitar, rant about it
- 24: Do you have a collection of anything?
- too many collections. mcr collection, poster collection, pins, patches, jackets, stuffed animals, carebears, cds, vinyls, tapes, trinkets, power rangers...
- 25: Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
- depends, anything vocal is usually better than text to me tbh
- 26: Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
- i think so. i wish i was more outgoing
- 27: What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
- 28: What’s your biggest “what if”?
- "what if i had never read that gay fanfiction when i was younger? what if my mom was queerphobic? would i still be gay and trans? what if im NOT gay and trans?"
- 29: Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
- yes to both but also kinda scared of them both :/
- 30: Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
- 31: Smell the air. What do you smell?
- 32: What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
- a place i can't name cuz privacy reasons but Texas Roadhouse is a VERY close second worst place i've ever been in my life. THE most DISGUSTING restaurant ever i do NOT recommend. they allow you to just throw your trash and peanut shells all over the floor, it feels like walking around in a rat nest, and i got food poisoning TWICE there, no thank you!!
- 33: Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
- West Coast, Best Coast baby!!
- 34: Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
- Gabe Saporta honestly is prob one of the most conventionally attractive guys in my type range ive ever seen.
- 35: To you, what is the meaning of life?
- 36: Define Art.
- 37: Do you believe in luck?
- 38: What’s the weather like right now?
- pretty nice for summer in california
- 39: What time is it?
- 40: Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
- 41: What was the last book you read?
- 42: Do you like the smell of gasoline?
- 43: Do you have any nicknames?
- vomit boy, ronnie, rice a roni, rat dad, ronnie the rat, rat, mikey
- 44: What was the last film you saw?
- i think it was a stand up, i think eric andre's new stand up was the last full "movie" ive seen.
- 45: What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
- i recently stubbed my toe so bad i thought i broke it and that was some days ago now and it's still a lil bruised (but like 99% fine so its all good)
- 46: Have you ever caught a butterfly?
- 47: Do you have any obsessions right now?
- 48: What’s your sexual orientation?
- 49: Ever had a rumour spread about you?
- i think there was a rumour going around about me in high school that i was cool and then everyone found out i was just an emo loser and cut me out of the senior yearbook.
- 50: Do you believe in magic?
- i believe in Magick not magic
- 51: Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
- 52: What is your astrological sign?
- 53: Do you save money or spend it?
- I spend it p quick but ive been getting better at saving. quarantine's probably been helping with that.
- 54: What’s the last thing you purchased?
- 55: Love or lust?
- 56: In a relationship?
- 57: How many relationships have you had?
- 58: Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
- 59: Where were you yesterday?
- same place ive been the last 4 months -_-
- 60: Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
- 61: Are you wearing socks right now?
- 62: What’s your favourite animal?
- 63: What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
- i have no f***ing idea why people ever like me tbh, i dont ever try anymore.
- 64: Where is your best friend?
- 65: Give me your top 5 favourite blogs on
- i dont wanna pick favorites actually
- 66: What is your heritage?
- 67: What were you doing last night at 12AM?
- 68: What do you think is Satan’s last name?
- i think he's too cool for that
- 69: Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
- 70: Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
- 71: You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
- i save the dog, my boss can go f*** himself
- 72: You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
- i dont go to the doctors so i'd never know also this is going to send me down an existential sprial so no thank you
- 73: You can only have one of these things; trust or love.
- 74: What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
- 75: What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
- 76: In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
- trust and communication and similar music taste lol
- 77: How can I win your heart?
- make me a mixtape of your favorite emo songs that make you think of me and send me love notes with mcr lyrics in it
- 78: Can insanity bring on more creativity?
- i try to break away from this idea
- 79: What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
- 80: What size shoes do you wear?
- 81: What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
- i want to be buried in a mausoleum
- 82: What is your favourite word?
- 83: Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word; heart.
- 84: What is a saying you say a lot?
- 85: What’s the last song you listened to?
- "Breathe" by Michelle Branch apparently. it's not that good, dont bother.
- 86: Basic question; what’s your favourite colour/colours?
- red, blue-green, lizard green.
- 87: What is your current desktop picture?
- 88: If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
- 89: What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
- 90: One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
- bruh that's scary as hell LMAO idk call my mom or something??
- 91: You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
- 92: You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
- maybe i'd go back to that first frank show i went to and actually go in the pit this time
- 93: You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
- idk i feel like everything has made me who i am today. i wish more than i could remember all of those things vividly enough to write them down, lock them away somewhere to never forget, but then not have them constantly flooding my mind anymore, id just have them to never forget so i never let those kinds of people in my life again.
- 94: You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
- 95: You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
- 96: Do you have any relatives in jail?
- probably but i dont keep up with those relatives lol
- 97: Have you ever thrown up in the car?
- 98: Ever been on a plane?
- 99: If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
- you all f***ing disgust me that you choose material things over human lives. how the f*** do you even live with yourselves? how do you wake up everyday and feel fine about the world when people around you are suffering and dying in some of the most horrible ways over greed? how are you okay with this??
07/05/2020 09:15 PM
MCR fan survey answers uwu
- Age: 20
- When did you first become a fan? Were you a fan during the hiatus? I started being a fan in 2013, just happened to be right after they broke up and i felt like that Community gif coming into the fandom.
- First song you heard by them? I remember SING being on the radio and liking it when i was a kid, and my aunt used to love MCR when she lived with my family back around 2005 so im sure i heard a lot of my chem sometime before 2013 but I remember hearing Mama for the first time and THAT was when i knew i was doomed.
- Favorite member? Isn't Ray Toro the only member of the band...?
- Favorite MCR era? Revenge, Black Parade, and DD are all so f***ing amazing, it's hard to choose. I love the costumes and color scheme of revenge, but then the theatrics of TBP were so great and they all hit their peaks in looks, and then DD is just so creative and open ended for world building. and then all the colors 0-0
- Favorite Album? TBP and Bullets are tied for me i think
- Favorite photoshoot?
- Do you have a killjoy name? Was originally Atomic Lizard but tbh i feel like Vomit Boy has become my persona...?
- Have you read the Killjoy comics? Yes! And I really want to buy the rerelease they're coming out with this Fall!
- Have you read any of Gerard's other comics? I tried to read UA and i don't think it's very good lol, but I've read some of the DC stuff he's a part of and I thought those were good. I've yet to read his version of Doom Patrol but I really want to. I actually haven't even read the Grant Morrison or Polluck versions either, only skimmed, so i wanna read those first i think. anyway ~
- Favorite Solo project? Stomachaches saved my life and will always have a special place in my heart ♥
- What's your favorite piece of MCR merch you own? I lovee my black parade sweater, i wear it p much every day that i can, and also my Shrine show shirt that, no, i did not get myself cuz i could not go ;-; but one of my friends bought it off of a friend of their's who went and got it for me for christmas!! i have it hanging on my wall now cuz i don't want it to get washed to many times and get ruined, lol!
- What merch would you kill to have? there's so much, but I want the first pressing of bullets so bad, the one with mariachi music on it, lmao! i think that's just so funny and it would be hilarious to own and experience first hand. okay, but seriously, i really want the bullet vest now, specifically the bullet usb like wtf that's so cool!! and the lil action figures adjf;adsf
- Did you ever dress up as any of the members casually (i.e. not to some sort of convention, just around on the town) or are you normal? Yes, all through 8-10th grade
- Do you shower or are you a Bullets stannie? I'm a bullets stannie :/
- Favorite part in Life on the Murder Scene? Ray: "Say hello to the dog Mikey!" Mikey: "Woof! ... *dog eats rock* ..Woof?"
- Have you seen all of the MCR Funniest Moments on Youtube? Probably, i watched those too much when i first got into them 0-0
- Favorite Music Video? I want the videos for Prison and Mama >:(
- Favorite fun fact about the band that only a My Chem fan would know: Conventional weapons was made before danger days and was actually the first version of DD technically, the concept is that it's music the Killjoys would listen to on the radio
- Did you believe in the fan theories about the reunion? Yes lmao, specifically the smashing pumpkins/cali 2019 theory.
- Have you ever seen them in concert? no, not yet :(
- Do you have tickets to see them next year? yep! to aftershock and now pit tickets in oakland >:)
- If you could go to any My Chem show ever, past/present/future, which would it be? May, 23, 2003. or one of the projeckt revolution shows!
- What's your favorite part about being a My Chem fan? i love that we are more politically active than the band 98% of the time LMAO and that they techincally made us this way
- You win a contest and you get to choose My Chem's 15 song playlist, what songs are you choosing: (in no particular order really)
- give em hell kid
- party poison
- prison (and of course they're on tour w the used and g brings bert out mhm)
- thank you for the venom
- headfirst for halos
- boy division
- masters of ravenkraft
- welcome to The black parade
- Demolition Lovers
- Im not Okay
- under pressure (again theyre on tour w the used so bert sings it with him mhm)
07/05/2020 04:53 PM
MCR FAN SURVEY
Aight, I'm remaking this cuz i forgot to save my first one and it got lost to the fp abyss ::((
MCR FAN SURVEY
by vomit boy :3
- When did you first become a fan? Were you a fan during the hiatus?
- First song you heard by them?
- Favorite member?
- Favorite MCR era?
- Favorite Album?
- Favorite photoshoot?
- Do you have a killjoy name?
- Have you read the Killjoy comics?
- Have you read any of Gerard's other comics?
- Favorite Solo project?
- What's your favorite piece of MCR merch you own?
- What merch would you kill to have?
- Did you ever dress up as any of the members casually (i.e. not to some sort of convention, just around on the town) or are you normal?
- Do you shower or are you a Bullets stannie?
- Favorite part in Life on the Murder Scene?
- Have you seen all of the MCR Funniest Moments on Youtube?
- Favorite Music Video?
- Favorite fun fact about the band that only a My Chem fan would know:
- Did you believe in the fan theories about the reunion?
- Have you ever seen them in concert?
- Do you have tickets to see them next year?
- If you could go to any My Chem show ever, past/present/future, which would it be?
- What's your favorite part about being a My Chem fan?
- You win a contest and you get to choose My Chem's 15 song playlist, what songs are you choosing:
View All Posts