things emos//sc3n3s did in the 2000''s (for all you 2019 teens lol)
What other decade can boast great teen activities like MSN drama, a lot of skating, Avril Lavigne and the cultural gem of Mean Girls?
. 1. MSN :: Total drama central. Every night, you would wait for the dial-up connection to let you into the online equivalent of your very own Mean Girls community. Secrets were shared, relationships started and blurry selfies shared
2. boxets ::So many boxsets There was no such thing as catch up TV, so you relied on all the boxsets that you received for Christmas and birthdays. This resulted in weekend long marathons of Friends, Buffy and The Simpsons. The cooler teens opted for Peep Show and prayed that nearby parents wouldn’t overhear the drugs references.
3. Emo activities The greatest way to express your teen rebellion and anger with your very British social setting was, of course, to become a self-certified emo. You entertained yourself by undertaking rebellious activities such as colouring hair, creating beaded bracelets, or carefully ripping up clothing. Basically being edgy and cool. Or Mean Girls activities You obeyed the classic rules, invested in the frilly skirts from Tammy Girls, and stocked up on the velvet tracksuits. Except yours were from Primark and not Juicy Couture.
im pretty sure weve all done this at one point...
4. Grinded to Sean Paul xD All of a sudden, all British (and american) teens in the 00s were overcome with an air of confidence and felt that they could master complex Jamaican dance moves, right in their bedroom in Kent. In reality, you looked like an awkward mess trying to grind against the wall. Oh the cringe.
5.Classic teen TV Gossip Girl, The Simple Life, One Tree Hill and, of course, The O.C. There really was no reason to leave the house.
6. Illegal downloads Thanks to quicker internet speeds, and the whole music sharing thing, you decided to illegally download all the music that you could get your little grubby paws on. But thanks to Kazaa, Limewire or Frostwire you basically destroyed your computer.
7. Skateboarding To match your obsession with all things Avril. You either could skate, or you spent every moment desperately trying to learn and avoiding breaking bones.
8.. Myspace or Hi5 Full of blurry pics taken either on rubbish webcams or the coolest phone around, aka a pink Motorola Razr. It was all about the testimonials, and carefully selecting your top friends. One misstep could lead to an MSN drama group chat.
9.. Selecting ringtones Hours were spent carefully selecting the best ringtone for your phone, just to show off your individual personality. Most of us opted for Complicated by Avril, or In Da Club by 50 Cent.
10. Obscure concerts We all have a mate who claimed to have seen Adele or Amy Winehouse perform in the early 00s, in someplace cool in London. You are not that mate, and instead you settled for awful tribute versions.
11. Scoobie mania You always wanted to be able to make one that wrapped itself around your pen, like a glorious pastel roped shell. Never worked
lol thats all for now ... hope you enjoyed :)