Russia master cards and visas will be denied from the russian olgilarchs Trump whimper all you
- A second attempt to evacuate an estimated 200,000 people out of Mariupol has come to a halt amid ongoing hostilities.
- Missile strikes have destroyed the international airport in Vinnytsia.
- More than 3,500 people have been detained at anti-war protests in Russia.
- The Red Cross says the situation in Mariupol is extremely “dire”.
- Mastercard, Visa and American Express announce they are suspending operations in Russia.
- Ukraine’s foreign minister tells US counterpart his country needs fighter jets and air defence systems and says NATO’s refusal to implement a no-fly zone over Ukraine is a “sign of weakness”.
- The IMF warns that the “serious” global economic effects of the war in Ukraine would be “more devastating” if the conflict escalates.