AIM is still alive! (AIM Phoenix)
Yo, if you don't know what AIM Phoenix is, it's a private AIM server. Works with the original AIM software, you just have to configure it to connect to the private server rather than AOL's dead ones.
Check it out
, make an account and drop your screen names! I wanna make a FriendProject chatroom! Mine's XxTrashDemonxX.
Here's how to connect to the Phoenix server.
1. Make an account on the AIM Phoenix website
2. Go to the AIM Phoenix's Downloads page and download/install a version of AIM. (version 5.1 seems to work best from my experience)
3. After install, open AIM. On Windows 10, you may need to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP. Or try installing version 5.0 instead of 5.1 if it crashes.
4. At the login screen, click "Setup."
5. Go to the "Sign On/Off" category if it's not already selected and click "Connection"
5. Change the Host to iwarg.ddns.net and the Port to 5190 (if it's not already that).
5. Press "OK", and then "OK" again on the Setup screen.
6. Log into your account and you're ready to go! :)
aim, aol, aim phoenix